Race Control (1 Opening)
Committed position, 7:30am-5pm SAT & SUN every round at PIR.
- Assign corner workers to stations. Track any crew changes made.
- Meet with corner captains to ensure all needs are met.
- Lead the volunteer meeting for the corner workers each morning.
- Manage all track communications, on both hard comms and two-way radios.
- Communicate with corner workers to clear the track, get incident info, handle debris, get bike locations, and deal with issues.
- Communicate with Starter to open the track and begin race procedures.
- Coordinate with Announcers for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd calls.
- Dispatch ASIT and Crash Truck to incidents, as appropriate.
- Dispatch emergency crews to incidents, as needed. Move crew staging locations, as needed, for coverage. Coordinate with incoming emergency responders, if necessary.
- Work with Race Director to adjust race schedule, as needed, and deal with rider issues.
- Work with Referee to handle racing issues or disputes.
- Coordinate with Security to open gates for track crossings and handle incidents.
- Log all track actions taken throughout the race day.
- Calm, cool, collected demeanor. Good hearing & clear voice.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to handle multiple forms of input and communication at the same time.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures exactly and utilize checklists.
- Able to sit for long periods of time. Able to use headphones and earpieces.
- Capable of thinking ahead and on your feet. Anticipate schedule issues and take mitigating steps. Adept at quick thinking to change procedures, as necessary.
- Familiarity with PIR track, access roads, labeled areas, personnel locations, and OMRRA corner numbers.