Board of Directors – Treasurer
The Treasurer will be the principle accounting and financial officer of the Association. The Treasurer should have the prior experience of working with a business in their accounting and financial processes. And may be asked to have the qualification and/or training to work with the Association’s accounting software of choice.
The Treasurer will provide the Board of Directors with all the necessary financial data on a month to month basis, to appropriately and effectively execute the business of the Association. This may come in the form of Reports (A/R and P&L), Quickbook spreadsheets, Budget Projections, Invoices and Bank Statements.
He/she will also ensure that the budgets are properly prepared and executed by January 1st of each year, and properly presented to the General Membership for approval at each January General Meeting.
The primary duties of the Treasurer include:
- Maintaining the books and bank accounts of the Association;
- Holding all funds and securities of the Association;
- Providing a financial report of the Association at each Board and General Membership Meeting, and
- Working with the Finance Committee to submit a budget proposal to the Board by the first Board Meeting of the calender year. maintain copies of reports and financial data at the Association’s office and keep up to date the accounting software of choice.
- Will be responsible for any post race weekend reporting, deposits, ticket counts, purse disbursements, IRF disbursements, and processing of refund requests
- Any financial interaction with PIR or other Event Promoters or Race tracks
The Association checking account shall be maintained by the Treasurer, who has primary signature authority. The President shall also have check signing authority. However, should any proposed expenditure exceed 5% of the current year’s total budget, approval must be obtained from the General Membership prior to the funds.