Board of Directors – Membership Representative
The Membership Representative will act as liaison between all Riders, Workers, Volunteers and the Board in any matters of concern to them, either on or off the track. This position is to ensure the vitality and longevity of our Members and the Association’s relationship with them. It is to show support, prevent disputes, promote sportsmanship, assist in recruitment and be the singular voice and representative of the General Membership. He/she should represent the Membership in an unbiased and impartial manner.
The Membership Representatives duties may include:
- Presence at Race Day: He/she will be required to be present at each of the scheduled Race weekends so as to act as a liaison between the members and the Association. They will also work with the Referee in resolving conflicts, disputes and interpretations of the rules.
- Pro-actively bring concerns, problems, and issues of the General Membership to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion.
- Manage and execute any issues or decisions that concern the Association’s members.
- Manage and execute with the Referee any protests that occur from the Association’s formal Protest structure. Create a report in tandem with the Referee post protest or tear down to submit to the Board and for the records.
- Assist the Board in administering and awarding pay-outs from the Injured Riders Fund.
- Assist ASIT in checking in with injured riders on Race Day. Make any effort to keep in communication with the injured rider, post Race weekend. Keep the Board updated on injured or hospitalized Riders.
- Work closely with the Worker Representative to address the needs and concerns of the Workers and Raceday Volunteers.